Products and Services
TrafficLand licenses Westwood One's Metro Traffic as the exclusive representative to the broadcast industry for real-time video from its national traffic camera network.
TrafficLand provides live updating traffic video to the leading news and traffic radio station Web sites in New York and Washington, DC.
TrafficLand provides the CNN Situation Room with a single point of access to over 7,000 traffic cameras in more than 50 cities.
The Washington Post Web site has dramatically upgraded the traffic information provided on their Web site with access to over 400 local traffic cameras from TrafficLand.
National Web portals like WeatherBug.com and Traffic.com use TrafficLand content to enhance traffic reporting and differentiate their operations as more complete information resources.
TrafficLand provides State and Local Departments of Transportation and transit systems with cost effective integration, web hosting and distribution of traffic camera network video for enhanced operational control and a streamlined approach to sharing video externally with multiple user groups. TrafficLand services are available on GSA Schedule (Contract # GS-35F-0040T.)
Working together with DOTs and public transit organizations through a unique public/private partnerships, TrafficLand combines video and data in scalable applications for multiple purposes, users groups and mass audiences. Because TrafficLand employs a unique, web-based approach at a fraction of the cost of previously available technologies, the company has revolutionized the use that can be made of the nation's public roadside video cameras.
Under this approach, DOTs secure a cost effective and proven method to unlock the full potential of their video imagery by making it available to the public, first responders, commercial companies and other public agencies without having to incur and maintain a costly investment in infrastructure. TrafficLand solutions typically feature:
- Ability to integrate unlimited numbers of closed circuit cameras in multiple jurisdictions covering large geographic areas
- Delivering video in user friendly formats for multiple purposes
- integration of multiple video and data formats and sources
- interactive maps showing traffic camera locations that are used to pinpoint area(s) of interest and initiate video displays
- Camera views that can be stored in groupings (catalogs), for repeat use, to quickly see 'big picture' traffic patterns and activate live video from specific cameras
- Displays full motion video (up to 30 frames per second)—(bandwidth dependent)
- Applications for emergency evacuation management and public awareness
- Readily expands to incorporate new cameras and information sources
- The password protected, web-based network, provides anywhere-anytime access from virtually any Internet connected computer, tablet or SmartPhone
For more information about TrafficLand services please contact: