TrafficLand provides state and local Departments of Transportation and transit systems with cost effective integration, web hosting and distribution of traffic camera network video for enhanced operational control and a streamlined approach to sharing video externally with multiple user groups. TrafficLand services are available on GSA Schedule (Contract # GS-35F-0040T.)
Working together with DOTs and public transit organizations through a unique public/private partnership, TrafficLand combines video and data in scalable applications for multiple purposes, users groups and mass audiences. Because TrafficLand employs a unique, web-based approach at a fraction of the cost of previously available technologies, the company has revolutionized the use that can be made of the nation’s public roadside video cameras.
Under this approach, DOTs secure a cost effective and proven method to unlock the full potential of their video imagery by making it available to the public, first responders, commercial companies and other public agencies without having to incur and maintain a costly investment in infrastructure. TrafficLand solutions typically feature:
- Provides the ability to integrate unlimited numbers of closed circuit cameras in multiple jurisdictions covering large geographic areas
- Delivers video in user friendly formats for multiple purposes
- Enables integration of multiple video and data formats and sources
- Provides interactive maps showing traffic camera locations that are used to pinpoint area(s) of interest and initiate video displays
- Camera views can be stored in groupings (catalogs), for repeat use, to quickly see ‘big picture’ traffic patterns and activate live video from specific cameras
- Displays full motion video (up to 30 frames per second)(bandwidth dependent)
- Can incorporate applications for emergency evacuation management and public awareness
- Readily expands to incorporate new cameras and information sources
- The password protected, web-based network, provides anywhere-anytime access from virtually any Internet connected computer, workstation or PDA
- TrafficLand’s Airvideo™ service allows users to access current traffic images via web-enabled, HTML capable cell phones.
For more information about TrafficLand services please contact:
11208 Waples Mill Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22030